Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's July...

It's been a LONG time since I've blogged. Which means: it's been a long time since I've lost weight. Oops. Well, set backs happen.

Easter happens. April came around and I went off my plan for a week to enjoy the festivities. Well a week turned into a little longer. Since then I've been eating well on and off. But that's ok. I'm still down some. As of today my weight is 195. I'm still down since when I started, and I'm picking the pieces back up again.

I'm in a wedding this September, which means I have to wear a bridesmaid dress and it's sleeveless. Well, I'm SO self conscious of my arms. But I'm not looking at this negatively, instead it's motivation!

So the past week I've been eating really well. Today I exercised. Here I am again. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be back down to where I want to be.

HOWEVER, I'll say this right now, the wedding is in only 10 weeks! I really would like to lose a lot of weight in the next 10 weeks. Basically, I want to see how much I'm capable of. So here I go, and more aggressively than ever- you might say. Not that I'm going to resort to sticking my finger down my throat, mind you. But I am going to exercise harder, longer, and I'm adding some weight lifting. Also, my diet will be more strict than ever. In with the tuna and dressing-less salads. In with the water. In with the carrot sticks. Out with the milk, out with the breads, out with the starchy potatoes. You're now looking at a whole grain only kinda girl.

I'm relaxed, I'm not pushing myself harder then I should, just harder than I ever have. I need to do this for myself, let alone the wedding.

Hopefully I'll be posting again soon...


Here are some things I've discovered since I last posted, things that can't hurt to bad, and actually kinda help:

Enviga- supposedly a "negative calorie" drink (digesting it makes you burn more calories than it contains). This isn't why I drink it, however, it's fruity carbonated style helps me avoid one of my worst enemies: SODA.

Chocolate Rice Cakes- at 50 calories a pop you can't have any guilt over these. The chocolate or caramel flavors have helped me wean myself off sweets. (Who said you could just go cold turkey and have success? I'm not going to try and be a hero)

Low Fat Chocolate Whipped Yogurt- okay, so it's not that great compared to an apple, but when I'm PMSing and I really need something chocolaty, this helps me out a lot. The Kroger brand has only about 2.5 grams of fat and a lot of the good stuff like protein. So since I can't have my pudding...

Blue Bunny Fudgesicles- one thing that I should still stay away from, even though it's not that bad for you. They're fat free and around 60 calories for each pop. It's not the worst way to sin.

No comments: