Wednesday, February 14, 2007

193


It was such a nice surprise yesterday to discover my scale was skewed on the carpeting. Now, sooner than I had realized it could happen, I'm closer to 190 than 200.

Today my tummy looked and felt smaller in the mirror. I read yesterday on Oprah's website about an organ called your "omentum", which I had never heard of. I guess it's this fat storing organ in your belly, and it's the most important place to keep healthy. You can have fat on your thighs or arms and it doesn't harm you much, but if it's in your omentum, it's really damaging to your health. It made me think about my paunch. I always used to have a pretty flat stomach in high school, even when I was around 150, it wasn't very big. So anyway, I guess it's good that my tummy is shrinking, because that's supposed to be area that filters what goes to your heart and such.

You know when you see those people, particularly men, who aren't obese but they have a big beer gut? That's because only their omentum is collecting fat.

193... I guess that makes me 1 lbs away from being -20! Woohoo!

No comments: