Tuesday, February 13, 2007

195/200

BMI approximately 35

The title of this post might at first seem a little strange. No, I haven't lost 6 lbs since yesterday. But I kinda have...

I got a lovely little surprise this morning when I weighed in. I went and weighed myself, and I came in right at 200 lbs. This is great! 1 lbs lighter than yesterday. But then I remembered something my husband had told me the other day. He had told me that the scale said he was 5 lbs lighter when he weighed himself on a hard flat surface rather than our plush carpeting. So for kicks I took my scale downstairs to our hardwood floors and weighed myself there. Sure enough, I was at 195! This is great news. Of course, it doesn't mean I lost another 5 lbs, but it does mean that all along I was 5 lbs lighter than I'd thought. PLUS, it means I've achieved my first goal: to get below 200. I guess I had achieved it without even knowing it...

So I'm still at -17 lbs. But I'm already so uplifted by being under 200. Plus the fact that really I only have another 60 lbs or so to go until I'm at my goal. I've already done a third of that. Three more times, and I'm at my final goal weight! This is so exciting. I'm really starting to get excited for myself. The fact that I'm already almost down 20 lbs, and I'm already about 1/4 of the way through my weight loss is really starting to make me so happy.

I saw my parents on Saturday night. We went out to eat, and my mom had mentioned to me discreetly that I looked a little thinner (again). When I talked to her the next day she said that later at home my dad had said that I looked a little thinner (he didn't know I've been trying). It's nice to hear that partly because my dad isn't the most observant- or at least doesn't always mention things. Plus, he didn't know I was trying to lose weight (thus, he wasn't looking hard for a sign of weight loss and maybe forcing himself to see something that wasn't there.)

It's nice to hear. So far my parents are the only ones to say anything. My husband has hinted at it a couple times, but he's careful what he says around me ;)

I'm so excited!

No comments: